In Wshington, Eyelash extentions pllication services are only to be performed bt a licnsed Cosmetologist or Esthetician. Extenions are pplies to a single, natural lash .5 -1mm away from your eyelid with a Lash Adhesive (produced specifically for this service. Lash Extensions "styles" can be customize, but can almost alwys create a longer, fuller, bolder look thanwearing mascara alone. DLS carimutiply lenghts, colors , curls + widths, so we're able to created a personlized set to complement your eyes + feaures.
To add a new question go to app settings and press "Manage Questions" button.
A. Eyelash Extensions are or any person wanting bolder, fuller, or longer eyelashes. They're grat or daily wear, or for glamorizing your look for a special occasion, vaacation. Easilty fitting into any lifstyle, there incredibly lightweight, comfertable + easy to take care of!Sadly, LASHES ARE NOT FOR EVERYONE. If any of the following condition apply to you, you may not be a good canidae for service:
- I do not have any eyelashes. Extensions are applied to your own natural eyelashes, not to your skin. If you do not have any eyelashes, you cannot have extensions applied.
- I cannot lay still on my back for 2-4 hours. Full sets are our longest appointments+ they take time. If you do not think you'll be able to lay still for up to 2-4 hours, we do not recommend this service for you.
- I have super sensitive skin. If you often have eye irritation/sensitivities on/near your face/eyes, we do not recommend this service for you.
- I rub my eyes frequently. Whether you rub from habit or allergies, if you're unable to resist, we do not recommend this service for you.
- I am sick or have been exposed to sick people. Colds, sinus infections + allergies are a part of life. Not only do illness + medications play a large role in poor retention, your exposure could be passed along to others in the studio. If you'resick, or have been exposed to sickness, we recommend that you wait until you are feeling 100% better.
- My natural eyelashes are very, very curly. Curly lashes tend to dramatically shorten the wear time of lash extensions. If your lashes are very, very curly, you may not be a good candidate for lash extensions.
- I do not follow instructions. Hey. We get it. But, lash extension wear + home care is extremely important to your eyelash health. To understand maintenance of the service, you first must understand the service. If you do not understand the requirements before + after the application, this is probably not a service for you
Yes! The service itself is relaxing + pain free. DLS uses products developed with high standards of safety. Generally, Professional Lash Artists are credentialed beauticians who have successfully completed rigorous training + evaluation.
*We encourage you to do your own research! It’s important to know if a Lash Artist is licensed, insured + properly trained. Seek out clear before + after photos of their work + get referrals from those you trust. Lash extensions don’t harm natural eyelashes when applied correctly. To learn more about DLS’s educational journey, please click here.
If you are not currently wearing eyelash extensions, book a Full Set. Has it been over 4 weeks (29 days) since your last infill? Book a Full Set. Have hardly any lashes left? Book a Full Set.Our recommendation is that when you book your Full Set, book your first Infill (2 weeks later) at the same time. From there, your Artist can help you decide if a 2 or 3 week rotation is best for your lash style + personal habits, while considering your growth maintenance + preferences. Keep in mind that longer appointments = more time for lashing.. If you have a lot of lashes, you’ll appreciate that extra half hr.*If your currently wearing lashes, please schedule a phone consult before booking. ‘Foreign lash fills’ are accepted on a case by case basis.CLASSIC: Natural, mascara looking 1:1 application (extension : natural lash)HYBRID: A mixture between Classic + Volume. A little fuller then Classics, but not as full as Volume.VOLUME : Is applied 2-6:1 A "volume fan" is applied onto 1 natural eyelash.
The number of natural lashes you have + the type of look you’re trying to achieve will determine exactly how long your appointment will be. Full Sets are usually 2-4 hrs. Lash Infills (1-4weeks), can be 75 minutes - 2 hrs.
Indefinitely with routine Infill appointments! We recommend coming every 2-3 weeks for Infills to maintain your desired look. Just like the rest of the hair on our body, our eyelashes go through a hair growth/loss cycle. When we lose a lash, another lash is ready to grow in its place; losing on average 3-5 a day.
Do not curl your eyelashes or wear mascara the day of your appointment. Ensure that your eyelashes + eye area is make-up free, clean, + dry (upper cheek up through brow bone).
If you wear contact lenses, please remove them prior to your appointment + bring your glasses to wear after your appointment to give your eyes the opportunity to adjust. Do not drink coffee, caffeine or take any pre-workout substance. If it’s your first time in, read over our Terms + Policies so you can breeze through your paperwork.
We recommend downloading a book, playlist or podcast as we need our full concentration + need to keep chatting to a minimum. CBD, chill, meditate take a nap + try to relax!
For full sets, DLS requires a reservation fee of 50% of the service amount. Reservation fees are non-refundable, non-transferable + are applied towards your service total. You can also Send payments to DLS’s Venmo Or contact us to be sent an invoice. All other services require you to add a valid credit card to our scheduler’s file. Without a paid deposit or a valid credit card on file, your appointment will not be approved.
- DLS requires 48 hours notice for ALL appointment adjustments and cancellations. Complimentary reminder texts/emails are sent as a courtesy to help you remember your set appointment time.
- Changes before the 48 hr mark are accessible to you via your reminder confirmations, your online profile in our scheduler, or by text/phone call to DLS directly.
- Changes after the 48 hr mark are to be sent via text, email, or a phone call to DLS directly. All adjustments (including cancellations + reschedules) after this 48 hr. mark require a 50% service payment.
- All adjustments made within 24 hours of your appointment’s start time are considered ‘same day adjustments’ + are subject to a 100% service charge.
- You have 1 week from your missed appointment to apply payment. Failure to do so can result in all future services being canceled and/or being banned from the studio
Should you decide to wear makeup, avoid oil based + waterproof products. Never wear mascara or strip lashes. Lash Extension safe liners are sold in the shop, + powder is fine. Some product’s ingredients/oils can contribute to breaking the bond between the adhesive and your natural eyelash, resulting in premature lash loss.*DLS’s recommendation is that you should protect your investment + skip daily eye makeup all together! One of the benefits of wearing extensions is that you no longer need mascara or eyeliner. Often times, retention issues are linked to improper cleansing of eye makeup - which can lead to build up on the lash line, premature lash loss or eye disease. It’s our opinion, that the daily application + removal of these products can be aggressive (not only your lashes, but the skin around your eyes). Use at your own risk + do not forget to clean properly before bed.
Yes! Once the adhesive has cured completely (up to 24 hrs), your extensions are safe to wear in the water. Showering, swimming, sweating and dancing in the rain are all acceptable. Be sure to rinse your lashes right after your workout + properly cleanse them ASAP.
*Saunas, steamy showers/daily hot tubbing, however, are not recommended. Keep advised that the more wear + tear, the easier it will be for the adhesive to break down, and for your extensions to pop off.
No. Children, guests + pets are not allowed at your appointment.
Due to the custom nature of our work, we have a NO REFUND POLICY
full set is necessary if you haven’t had an appointment in 4 weeks (29 days) from your last appointment. If at your upcoming appointment you don’t have at least 40-50 percent lash retention, please book a full set appointment. Longer appointments = more time for lashing.